Air Conditioning Floor Consoles
Acer Services are your go-to experts for floor console air conditioners in Brisbane
What is a floor console air conditioner and how do they work?
Unlike the name would suggest, floor console air conditioners are not actually mounted to the floor.
They are simply a compact air con unit that can be installed low on a wall, sitting just above the floor, leaving a gap between the bottom of the unit and the floor. Mounting floor consoles in a recessed or semi-recessed space or directly under a window frame is also possible.
With their slim, lightweight design, contemporary floor consoles can even be mounted on a ceiling if floor space is limited with no modifications necessary.
Floor consoles can be configured to produce airflow from vents on either the top or the bottom of a unit, or a combination of both. Many have wide-angle louvres and auto-swing capability to efficiently distribute cool air right across the whole room or area.
When is it best to use a Floor Mounted Air Conditioner?
- When it’s not possible for the outside unit to be placed back to back with the inside unit – floor consoles are great when it’s possible to plumb through the floor!
- Rooms where there are a lot of glass windows and doors.
- Difficult or awkward to access wall areas.
- Rooms with low and angled ceilings.
- When you want the unit to have minimal visual impact such as in a room with beautiful paintings or other decorations on the wall.
Not sure if a floor mounted air conditioner is suitable for you? Just ask Acer Services!
Like with every air conditioner we install; Acer Services can recommend to you which type of unit will be most suitable for your needs and the type of room the unit will be going in to.
For more expert help and advice, talk to one of our friendly, helpful team members. Simply click here to contact us.